Carbon Monoxide can have a serious impact on your health and wellbeing. Learn what you can do to ensure safe indoor air quality.

Indoor air quality is often all about allergens, but a potentially deadly hazard can also be lurking in your home undetected. Carbon Monoxide is odorless, tasteless, and colorless – so unless you are specifically aware of it, you may not even realize too much of it is in your home until you get sick.

What’s So Bad about Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide gas is the reason you should not run your car in a closed garage. Breathe in too much of this toxin, and you’ll feel ill, lose consciousness and could eventually die. While you would not be exposed to carbon monoxide from your vehicle while inside your home, other appliances that you use each day have the potential to throw off CO, including your furnace.

How Can I Protect My Family?

Your heating system and other home appliances can contribute to the amount of carbon monoxide in your home’s air. While you may not experience the dramatic effect of CO poisoning in a confined space, you can get sick from the poor indoor air quality. Even a small amount of CO can cause illness, with dizziness, fatigue, vertigo and other uncomfortable symptoms. A smoke detector with carbon monoxide sensors can help detect this gas in your home.

Detection Is Only Part of the Solution

Learning you have too much carbon monoxide is only the first step. You need to track down the source and fix it to improve your indoor air quality. If you suspect too much CO in your home, or simply want peace of mind about your air quality, an HVAC checkup can help.

Contact our team at Air Treatment, Inc., to set up an inspection and to learn if your home has an indoor air quality problem. One of our skilled technicians can diagnose your problem and give you peace of mind that everything is OK in your home. Our goal is to make sure your home is comfortable and safe for your family.

Pin It on Pinterest